Walk In Legal Clinic Coming Soon!
NAACP Lincoln Branch, ACLU Nebraska, Mount Zion Baptist Church, and the Volunteers Lawyers Project will host a Walk In Legal Clinic on Friday, September 30 from 10:00am-12:00pm at Mount Zion Baptist Church, 3301 N 56th, Lincoln, NE
Community Service Scholarship
Application Due Friday, April 15, 2022
The NAACP Lincoln Branch has three (3) Community Service Scholarships available to Lincoln Public School (LPS) high school seniors. Dollar amount varies, with a maximum of $1,000.
Any LPS high school graduating senior (regardless of race, gender, ethnic origin, or sexual orientation) who will attend a post-secondary accredited institution in the fall of 2022. Grade point average of 2.5 or above and a current member of the NAACP Youth Council Chapter. List civil rights activities you participated in through the NAACP Youth Council Chapter.
To provide scholarships to three (3) deserving LPS high school graduating seniors intending to enter a post secondary accredited institution in the fall of 2022.
Applicants must demonstrate a record of service to members of their local community as documented through letters of recommendation. Examples of community service include promoting diversity through organizational work, assisting low-income families, the elderly, veterans, and or the disabled, civil rights activities with the NAACP Youth Council Chapter.
Conditions for payment of scholarship funds:
Successful scholarship recipients must provide proof of enrollment from the post-secondary institution prior to receiving scholarship funds. The proof of enrollment should be sent by the post-secondary institution.
Fields of Study:
Applicant must submit the following items:
- Completed application form (typed ).
- Letter of application addressed to the Scholarship Committee. The letter should contain a brief explanation of career goals and biographical (background) information.
- Two (2) letters of recommendations. Letters may be provided by high school teachers, administrators, counselors, employers, or individuals with significant knowledge of applicant’s experience and organizational involvement.
- An official, recent high school transcript with cumulative grade point average and class standing/rank.
- A two-page double spaced personal essay on one of the following topics:
“How I plan to contribute to Civil Rights and Social Justice in the next 5 to 10 years.” or
“How my service to others has impacted my community and made me a better citizen.”
- Scholarship recipient may be asked to submit a digital photo for possible publication.
- Mail Completed Application (postmarked) by Friday, April 15, 2022 to:
Attn: Scholarship Awards Committee
NAACP Lincoln Branch
P.O. Box 81322
Lincoln, NE 68501-1322
NAACP Lincoln Branch Banquet 2020
In compliance with the NAACP National recommendations, the NAACP Lincoln Branch Freedom Fund Banquet is cancelled due to the Covid pandemic and for the safety and health of persons attending the banquet. To continue supporting NAACP, we are requesting donations of $50.00 or whatever you can give. The monies are for scholarship, youth enhancement and unit maintenance.The donation can be mailed to NAACP Lincoln Branch, P.O. Box 81322, Lincoln, Nebraska 68501-1322. Checks may be made out to NAACP Lincoln Branch. Any questions call Dewayne Mays 402-429-4477.
Banquet Planning Committee
Thomas Christie, Jackie Egan, Jareldine Mays