Community Service Scholarship
Application Due 04/18/2021
- Any LPS high school graduating senior (regardless of race, gender, ethnic origin, or sexual orientation) who will attend a post secondary accredited institution in the fall of 2021.
- Grade point average of 2.5 or above
- Current member of the NAACP Youth Council Chapter. List civil rights activities you participated in through the NAACP Youth Council Chapter
Applicant must submit the following items:
- Completed application form (typed ).
- Letter of application addressed to the Scholarship Committee. The letter should contain a brief explanation of career goals and biographical (background) information.
- Two (2) letters of recommendations. Letters may be provided by high school teachers, administrators, counselors, employers, or individuals with significant knowledge of applicant’s experience and organizational involvement.
- An official, recent high school transcript with cumulative grade point average and class standing/rank.
- A two-page double spaced personal essay on one of the following topics:
“How I plan to contribute to Civil Rights and Social Justice in the next 5 to 10 years.” or
“How my service to others has impacted my community and made me a better citizen.”
- Scholarship recipient may be asked to submit a digital photo for possible publication.
- Mail Completed Application (postmarked) by Friday, April 9, 2021 to:
Attn: Scholarship Awards Committee
NAACP Lincoln Branch
P.O. Box 81322
Lincoln, NE 68501-1322
NAACP Lincoln Branch Banquet 2020
In compliance with the NAACP National recommendations, the NAACP Lincoln Branch Freedom Fund Banquet is cancelled due to the Covid pandemic and for the safety and health of persons attending the banquet. To continue supporting NAACP, we are requesting donations of $50.00 or whatever you can give. The monies are for scholarship, youth enhancement and unit maintenance.The donation can be mailed to NAACP Lincoln Branch, P.O. Box 81322, Lincoln, Nebraska 68501-1322. Checks may be made out to NAACP Lincoln Branch. Any questions call Dewayne Mays 402-429-4477.
Banquet Planning Committee
Thomas Christie, Jackie Egan, Jareldine Mays