A Unified Voice Empowering People To Bring About Equality For All
The NAACP Lincoln Branch is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to eliminate discrimination and prejudice regardless of race, gender, class, sexual orientation, and faith. We work to ensure the social, economic, educational, and political equality of all persons through democratic processes.
The NAACP Lincoln Branch works for and envisions an America where all citizens have equal rights, equality of opportunities, and the scourges of racial hatred and discrimination are banished.
COMMUNITY SERVICE SCHOLARSHIP (Application Due 04/09/2021)
- Any LPS high school graduating senior (regardless of race, gender, ethnic origin, or sexual orientation) who will attend a post secondary accredited institution in the fall of 2021.
- Grade point average of 2.5 or above
- Current member of the NAACP Youth Council Chapter. List civil rights activities you participated in through the NAACP Youth Council Chapter.
Applicant must submit the following items:
- Completed application form (typed ).
- Letter of application addressed to the Scholarship Committee. The letter should contain a brief explanation of career goals and biographical (background) information.
- Two (2) letters of recommendations. Letters may be provided by high school teachers, administrators, counselors, employers, or individuals with significant knowledge of applicant’s experience and organizational involvement.
- An official, recent high school transcript with cumulative grade point average and class standing/rank.
- A two-page double spaced personal essay on one of the following topics:
“How I plan to contribute to Civil Rights and Social Justice in the next 5 to 10 years.” or
“How my service to others has impacted my community and made me a better citizen.”
- Scholarship recipient may be asked to submit a digital photo for possible publication.
- Mail Completed Application (postmarked) by Friday, April 9, 2021 to:
Attn: Scholarship Awards Committee
NAACP Lincoln Branch
P.O. Box 81322
Lincoln, NE 68501-1322
Helping Your Child Be Successful in School
Parents play a vital role in their child’s academic success. The intent of this document is to provide surefire tips that will increase the possibilities for all students to achieve and compete at high level.
NAACP FREEDOM FUND BANQUET
In compliance with the NAACP National recommendations, the NAACP Lincoln Branch Freedom Fund Banquet is cancelled due to the Covid pandemic and for the safety and health of persons attending the banquet. To continue supporting NAACP, we are requesting donations of $50.00 or whatever you can give. The monies are for scholarship, youth enhancement and unit maintenance.
The donation can be mailed to NAACP Lincoln Branch, P.O. Box 81322, Lincoln, Nebraska 68501-1322. Checks may be made out to NAACP Lincoln Branch. Any questions call Dewayne Mays 402-429-4477.
Banquet Planning Committee
Thomas Christie, Jackie Egan, Jareldine Mays
The Coronavirus pandemic has had an impact on our education and voting systems, affecting student success, representation of our communities, and more. Our policy briefs, statements, and letters bring awareness to and offer recommendations for issues surrounding health, education, economics, voter participation, and more. For more information view our national policy briefs, statements, and letters here.
Recent incidents are reminiscent of an atrocious era of hate and domestic terrorism where police officers and white protesters routinely brutalized African-Americans. The senseless death displays the continuance of systematic racism and privilege granted to white people in America.
It’s time to let our leaders know that We Are Done Dying